The Technology Department provides County departments with technology solutions and support. The Technology Department strives to provide timely support, and stable technology systems to address the needs of various County departments; so they can in turn provide Missoula County residents with vital services. The primary functions of the Department are defined below:
- To enhance productivity to County departments.
- To provide technical support services to County departments.
- To provide leadership and technical solutions to business needs and functions.
- To provide leadership in purchasing hardware and software to maximize value.
- To enhance communications, collaboration, and the flow of information.
- To provide the public access to County services and information in an efficient manner.
- To manage and optimize software licensing programs.
- To manage technology vendor relationships and contracts.
- To develop and implement beneficial information technology policies and procedures.
- To provide access to new technology.
- To provide efficient storage of data.
- To provide a high level of cyber security and privacy.
- To provide disaster recovery, business continuity and data back-up services.
- To provide highly available systems.