The Mask You Live In
- Date: 11/09/2015 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM
- Location: Silver Theater
2023 S. Higgins Ave
Missoula, Montana 59802
Join us for this free screening of the documentary "The Mask You Live In".
What does it mean to “be a man”? The cultural definition of manhood is changing in positive ways. Being a man should mean to be kind, respectful, and brave. Yet many boys still grow up with messages about manhood that encourage them to denigrate women, use violence against others, and suppress their emotions in unhealthy ways.
- Compared to girls, boys are two times more likely to flunk or drop out of school
- Every day three or more boys commit suicide
- 93% of boys are exposed to internet porn before age 18
- Of all mass shootings in the U.S. in the last 30 years, 99% were committed by men and boys
NCBI Missoula and Missoula City-County Relationship Violence Services are partnering to spark community dialogue about this crisis.The film explores the impacts of unhealthy masculinity on our boys and raises questions about how we can address it as a community.
For more information about this event, contact Kelly McGuire at 258-3838.