Water Quality Advisory Council
Monthly Meeting - Cancelled
- Date: 07/12/2016 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM
- Location: Missoula City-County Health Dept. - Conference Room 210
301 W Alder
Missoula, Montana 59802
Here is a brief agenda for the tour.
1. Stop at the Ninemile-Martina Creek construction site. This is the project that will be completed this year and should be getting underway during the tour.
2. Mattie V Creek – Completed in 2010, this should provide a good idea of how our tributary creek sites heal after six years.
3. Upper Ninemile Creek Phase 1 – Completed in 2014, this was the first phase of placer mine reclamation on the mainstem of Ninemile Creek and has seen a quick turnaround for aquatic species populations.
4. Kennedy Creek – Completed last November, this little stream was previously confined with contaminated mine waste tailings and a leaking mine adit. The mine waste was removed and the stream was reconstructed back in the center of the canyon.
Depending on how much time folks want to spend on the sites, we should be back to the community center around 8:30 or so.