- Date: 01/12/2016 1:30 PM - 3:00 PM
- Location: Missoula County Administration Building, Room B14
199 W. Pine St.
Missoula, Montana 59802
- Contact Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Phone(406) 258-3631
The Local Emergency Planning Committee (LEPC) formed in 1986 to meet the duties required pursuant to Public Law 99-499, Superfund Amendments and Reauthorization Act of 1986 (SARA), Title III, and related regulations.
The purpose of the LEPC is to:
- Develop, train and test a hazardous substance emergency response plan.
- Develop procedures for regulated facilities to provide notification to the LEPC in accordance with Title III, SARA
- Develop procedures for receiving and processing requests from the public under the Community Right-To-Know provisions of Title III, SARA.
- Provide for public notification of Committee activities
- Implement such other activities as may be legally required by the Federal Government, the State Emergency Response Commission (SERC), the Board of County Commissioners and/or the City Council.
The Missoula County Disaster and Emergency Services (DES) prepares and manages plans and programs directed at disaster preparedness and coordination of response and recovery. This service is mandated by State Law (10-3-401 MCA) and is provided to the City and County by mutual aid agreement.
Oversight of plan development is accomplished by the Disaster Planning Committee (DPC), which has the following membership:
- County Attorney
- County Surveyor
- MRFD Fire Chief
- City Police Chief
- City Fire Chief
- City Attorney
- City Public Works Director
- City-County Health Department