State of the Young Child 2016
- Date: 04/26/2016 11:30 AM - 1:01 PM
- Location: University Center Ballroom
In honor of Child Abuse Prevention Month, Healthy Start Missoula is hosting an important event to raise awareness about current issues impacting young children and families in Missoula. Community leaders, early childhood and health professionals, as well as concerned citizens, are invited to learn about creative approaches to addressing these issues. Speakers will discuss topics such as maternal and child health, child sexual abuse prevention, trauma and resiliency, and innovative ways to connect with parents.
- Introductions by Mayor and County Commissioner
- We aren't in this alone: Elke Govertsen of Mamalode Magazine
- Learning from our neighbors: The Confederated Salish and Kootenai tribes's collaborative approach to substance abuse during pregnancy: Bonnie Stephens, M.D., neonatologist at Community Medical Center, and Cara Harrop, M.D., of St. Luke Community Healthcare
- Working together to end child sexual abuse: Representatives of the Missoula Child Sexual Abuse Prevention Team: Representative Kim Dudik; M.C. Jenni, First Step; Teresa Nygaard, The Parenting Place