About the Local Emergency Planning Committee [LEPC]
The LEPC formed in 1986 to meet the duties required pursuant to Public Law 99-499, Superfund Amendments and Reauthorization Act of 1986 (SARA), Title III, and related regulations.
The purpose of the LEPC is to:
- Develop, train and test a hazardous substance emergency response plan.
- Develop procedures for regulated facilities to provide notification to the LEPC in accordance with Title III, SARA.
- Develop procedures for receiving and processing requests from the public under the Community Right-To-Know provisions of Title III, SARA.
- Provide for public notification of Committee activities.
- Implement such other activities as may be legally required by the Federal Government, the State Emergency Response Commission (SERC), the Board of County Commissioners and/or the City Council.
The Committee meets quarterly on the second Tuesday of Jan., April, July and Oct. at 1:30 p.m.
Missoula County Courthouse
200 West Broadway, Annex 151
Missoula, Montana 59802
For more meeting information please contact:
Office of Emergency Management
The LEPC consists of members nominated by the LEPC, as well as, two members appointed by the Board of County Commissioners and two members appointed by the Missoula City Council. These members represent the various professional and community groups designated in Title III, SARA. There are twenty members total.
Term End Date:
|David Strohmaier||Commissioner-Elected Official|
|Heidi West||Misoula City Council-Elected Official|
|Mike Brady||Missoula City Police Department|
|TJ McDermott||Missoula County Sheriff's Office|
|Jason Diehl||Missoula City Fire Department|
|Bill Colwell||Missoula Rural Fire Department|
|Peter Nielsen||Missoula City-County Health Department|
|Joe Calnan||Missoula County Fire Protection Association|
|Adriane Beck||Missoula County Office of Emergency Management [OEM]|
|Tony Basino||Hazmat Transportation/Distribution Representative|
|Don Whalen||Emergency Medical Services Representative|
|Peter Christian||Local Media Representative|
|Mike Gregor||Regulated Title III Facility Representative|
|Dudley Improta||Appointed by the City Council|
|Mike Kopitzke||Appointed by the City Council|
|Colleen Baldwin||Appointed by the County Commissioners; two year term||12/31/18|
|William Van Horn||Appointed by the County Commissioners; two year term||12/31/18|
|RJ Nelson||St. Patrick Hospital|
|Michael Onusko||Community Medical Center|
|Kathy Krebsbach||University of Montana|
|Contact Information:||Missoula County Office of Emergency Services or (406) 258-3631|
If you have any questions or you are unable to locate a particular board or commission, please contact us.