About the Local Emergency Planning Committee [LEPC]
The LEPC formed in 1986 to meet the duties required pursuant to Public Law 99-499, Superfund Amendments and Reauthorization Act of 1986 (SARA), Title III, and related regulations.
The purpose of the LEPC is to:
- Develop, train and test a hazardous substance emergency response plan.
- Develop procedures for regulated facilities to provide notification to the LEPC in accordance with Title III, SARA.
- Develop procedures for receiving and processing requests from the public under the Community Right-To-Know provisions of Title III, SARA.
- Provide for public notification of Committee activities.
- Implement such other activities as may be legally required by the Federal Government, the State Emergency Response Commission (SERC), the Board of County Commissioners and/or the City Council.
The Committee meets quarterly on the second Tuesday of Jan., April, July and Oct. at 1:30 p.m.
Missoula County Courthouse
200 West Broadway, Annex 151
Missoula, Montana 59802
For more meeting information please contact:
Office of Emergency Management
The LEPC consists of members nominated by the LEPC, as well as, two members appointed by the Board of County Commissioners and two members appointed by the Missoula City Council. These members represent the various professional and community groups designated in Title III, SARA. There are twenty members total. Appointed members serve two-year terms.
Term End Date:
|David Strohmaier||Elected Official, Missoula Board of County Commissioners|
|Heidi West||Elected Official, Missoula City Council|
|Mike Brady (Geron Wade)||Missoula City Police Department|
|TJ McDermott||Missoula County Sheriff|
|Jeff Brandt||Missoula City Fire|
|Chris Newman||Missoula Rural Fire|
|Leahy Hickey||Missoula City-County Health Department|
|Joe Calnan||Missoula County Fire Protection Association|
|Adriane Beck||Missoula County Office of Emergency Management [OEM]|
|Tony Basino||Montana Rail Link, Transportation Industry Representative|
|Don Whalen||Missoula Emergency Services Inc., Emergency Medical Services|
|Peter Christian||Local Media Representative|
|Mike Gregor||Hexon Chemical, Fixed Facility Representative|
|Dudley Improta||Appointed by the City Council|
|Mike Kopitzke||Appointed by the City Council|
|Judith Douglas||Appointed by the County Commissioners; two year term||12/31/20|
|Robbs Huus||Appointed by the County Commissioners; two year term||12/31/20|
|RJ Nelson||St. Patrick Hospital|
|Vacant||Community Medical Center|
|Vacant||University of Montana|
|Contact Information:||Missoula County Office of Emergency Services or (406) 258-3631|
If you have any questions or you are unable to locate a particular board or commission, please contact us.