About the Planning and Zoning Commission
The 2001 Legislature made changes to the membership of the County's Planning and Zoning Commission by adding two citizen members. For more details of the organization and operation of the commission visit 76-2-102 Montana Code Annotated [MCA].
- Meetings are not held on a regular basis; called upon when necessary to decide on matters concerning Citizen-Initiated Zoning Districts.
- Two citizen members
- Three county commissioners
- County Surveyor or the Clerk and Recorder
- County official appointed by the county commissioners
- Seven member board; two-year terms