Authority and Governance
- Revised Code of Montana 1947, Section 69-3919.
- Montana Code Annotated 75-2-301, 75-2-402, 7-1-2101, 7-5-2101(2) and 7-5-2104.
- City/County Joint Resolution - Air Pollution Control Program.
- Board of County Commissioners Resolution - Air Pollution Control Program.
- Air Pollution Control Program (Revised May 14, 2010).
- The Air Pollution Control Board, Missoula City Council and the Board of County Commissioners conducted hearings and approved changes and corrections to portions of the rules in 2012 and 2013.
- Contact Air Quality personnel at 258-4755 in the Environmental Health Division of the health department for information on these changes.
- The changes have not yet been approved by the Montana Board of Environmental Review (BER). The BER hearing will be scheduled in 2014.
The Air Pollution Control Board administers matters pertaining to the Missoula City-County Air Pollution Control Program in order to require the use of all available practicable methods to reduce, prevent and control air pollution in the City and County.
Mission and Guiding Principles
The mission of the Board of Health is to establish policies and advocate for conditions supportive of healthy people environments, and community.
The Air Pollution Control Board shares this mission and adheres to the same guiding principles.
The Guiding Principles were last revised on Feb. 18, 2010.
Strategic Plan: FY 2013 - 2015
The latest revision to the Board of Health's Strategic Plan was adopted on Dec. 20, 2012. The Air Pollution Control Board also follows this guidance.
Regular Monthly Meetings: Third Thursday of Every Month
Meetings of the Water Quality District, Air Pollution Control, and Health Boards are held from 12:15 p.m. - 3:00 p.m. on the third Thursday of the month in the board conference room (210) at the Missoula City-County Health Department, located at 301 West Alder. Occasionally, the meeting order may be changed, which is reflected in the agenda.
- Meeting Order: See the agenda.
- Time: 12:15 to 3 p.m.
- Location: Board Conference Room (210), Missoula City-County Health Department, 301 West Alder, Missoula, MT
- Other: Items on the agenda and the meeting order are subject to change.
The same seven members serve on all three boards, with the exception of an eighth member who serves on the Water Quality District Board.