Tobacco Free Missoula County works to address the public health crisis caused by the use of all forms of tobacco products. Our goal is to reduce disease, disability and death related to tobacco use by:
- Preventing tobacco use among young people.
By empowering youth to take a stand against tobacco through education and advocacy.
- Eliminating exposure to secondhand smoke.
Educating the community about the hazards of secondhand smoke exposure.
- Building community support and capacity for tobacco use prevention.
- Partnering with local organizations, community members and schools to promote tobacco free lifestyles and policies.
- Promoting quitting among adults and young people.
Encouraging tobacco users to quit and promote the services of the Montana Tobacco Quit Line.
Clean Indoor Air Act
The Montana Clean Indoor Air Act (CIAA) requires all enclosed workplaces and enclosed public places to be smoke free, including bars and casinos. Help enforce Montana’s Clean Indoor Air Act in Missoula County by encouraging members of the public who witness a violation of the CIAA to report a formal complaint using the online Violation Report Form.
More information on the Clean Indoor Air Act: