NOTICE: Effective July 1, 2019, certificate fees are $8.00 for birth certificates and $5.00 for death certificates (HB 126).
The following vital records are available at the Clerk & Recorder's Office:
- Birth certificate (Word version)
- Birth certificate (pdf version)
- Death certificate (Word version)
- Death certificate (pdf version)
- Military discharge request (pdf version)
The Missoula County Registrar is located in the Clerk & Recorder's Office to help you with:
- Corrections to vital records
- Paternity affidavits & withdrawals
- Burial on private property
- Authorization to transport the deceased
- Disinterment permits
Please contact the Montana Department of Vital Records for additional vital records information.