Troubleshooting Ballot Mistakes

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Proper Voting Utensils

  • To correctly mark a ballot use only black or blue ink.
  • Gel ink or marker is not read by the scanner resulting in an under-vote (i.e., vote is not counted).

When a new ballot should be requested

  • If the ink bleeds though the paper
  • If you marked the incorrect oval with ink
  • If the ballot was torn or compromised in any way that it cannot be fed through the scanner

How to request a new ballot

  • Please visit the Elections Center at 140 N Russell St.
  • Call the Elections Office at 406-258-4751 for a replacement ballot form.

Remember to sign your affirmation envelope.



If you have any questions, please call our office at (406) 258-4751.