Our office provides numerous services to the educational community. This website was created to make some of those services available to users via the Internet. However, not all of our information is available here so we encourage visitors to contact our office if you have any questions or need information which could not be found here.
As Chief County School Financial Officer calculate budgets and levies for the following:
- General fund.
- Transportation fund.
- Retirement fund.
- Tuition fund.
- Bus Depreciation.
- Adult Education.
- Flex and Technology Fund.
- Debt Service.
- Building Reserve.
- Certify district ANB.
- Compile annual financial report.
- Distribute County Equalization revenues.
Hear and decide all matters of controversy arising as a result of decision of the trustees of a district in the county.
Record all official acts:
- School district organization.
- School district abandonment.
- Establishment of nominating districts.
- Distribution of private revenue.
- Teacher supervision and evaluation.
- School controversies/hearings.
- County Transportation Committee acts.
Record and preserve records:
- Attendance agreements.
- Transportation contracts.
- Student enrollment/attendance records.
- Annual Collection Data.
- Election Calendar and data (trustee, mill levy, bond).
- Student record.
- Final budgets.
- Trustee annual reports.
- School district audits.
- Personnel records.
- Home school registration.
Register and file:
- Register all professional licenses.
- Bus driver certificates.
- Bus inspection certificates.
- Trustee's certificate of election/appointment.
- Trustee's oath of office.
- Chairman of the County Transportation Committee.
- Member of High School Boundary Commission of the County.
- Attendance officer for a district under prescribed conditions.
- Carry out duties prescribed by the Legislature, Board of Public Education and the State Superintendent of Public Instruction.
- As a county government official and county school officer, provide general supervision of public schools in the county.
- Assist trustees with school supervision.
- Advise and direct teachers on instruction, pupil discipline and other duties of the teacher.
- Visit schools at the request of the trustees.
- Consult with the trustees on all school matters that may be found during the observation of the school or may otherwise come to their attention.
- Provide for supervision to any school with an enrollment of fewer than 150 students and not under the supervision of a district superintendent or principal.
- Administer oaths of office to trustees.
- Provide other services to districts that fall within the scope of state statues.
- Promote educational growth and improvement.