The Geographic Information System (GIS) Division of the Technology Department manages and provides reliable, current, and accurate geospatial information to Missoula County departments, other agencies, and the general public. Use of GIS products aids Missoula County elected officials and employees in the interpretation and analysis of relationships, patterns, and trends by presenting a visual context for a variety of information.
- Address Assignment in accordance with the Public Works regulations and the 9-1-1 Center requirements.
- Road naming and ranging in accordance with the Public Works regulations and the 9-1-1 Center requirements.
- Parcel base mapping for Missoula County (including the City of Missoula).
- Base map services to county offices and the public.
- Special mapping requests and GIS analysis to county departments.
- Support to the 9-1-1 Center.
- Mapping/GIS Support to the Office of Emergency Management.
- Missoula County Property Information System support and development.
- Mapping support to the Montana Department of Revenue.
- Mapping/GIS Support to the County Commissioners' Projects Coordinator.