When requesting a records search or copies of documents, please provide as much information as possible. Send your written request along with a self addressed, stamped envelope to our office at:
|Clerk of District Court|
|200 West Broadway|
|Missoula, MT 59802|
You may also fax your request to us at (406) 258-4899 or email us at email@example.com.
Payment by check - If you wish to pay by check or money order, your request must include a telephone number where you can be reached so we can notify you of the amount due. Upon receipt of your payment, the requested information will be forwarded to you. Please do not send a blank check.
Payment by credit or debit card - If paying by Visa, MasterCard or Discover, you may include the following information with your written request
- Cardholder Name
- Card Number
- Expiration Date
- Billing Zip Code
or if you prefer, you may include a phone number where we can reach you during business hours to obtain your credit/debit card information. Note: If paying by credit or debit card 1.995% plus a $1.25 processing fee will be added to your transaction.
Copy and Search Fees:
- Hard Copies (except Marriage License and Divorce Decree) - $1.00 per page for first 10 pages, $0.50 per page for each additional page
- Emailed Copies (except Marriage License and Divorce Decree) - $.25 per page
- Copy of Marriage License - $5.00 (NOTE: Marriage licenses are sealed for 30 years from the date of marriage and copies are available only to the bride and groom. In order to obtain a copy of your marriage license, for identification purposes, your request must include a legible copy of your driver's license.)
- Copy of Divorce Decree - $10.00
- Certification with Seal - $2.00 per document
- Searches - $2.00 per name per year for the first seven years, $1.00 per name per year for each additional year