Divorce & Parenting

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Divorces, Legal Separations and Parenting Plan cases are all filed in the Clerk of District Court office. The fees to open each case are:

Petition for Dissolution   $200.00
Petition for Legal Separation  $180.00
Petition for Establishment of a Parenting Plan   $120.00


Forms are available to assist you in presenting your case to the Court. There is more information available if you already have a case opened that involves children, and you have questions on paying child support through the Clerk of District Court office.  The Missoula Self Help Law Center is also available to assist you if you are unable to afford an attorney.