Missoula County Justice Court of Record Local Rules
Attorneys and parties must comply with the local rules of this Court.
The Court issued draft local rules on January 6, 2020 which were displayed on the Court's website, published in the Missoulian, and distributed to the membership of the Western Montana Bar Association. The requested and received public comment which was reviewed and considered and incorporated into the final version which was adopted by the Court on June 17, 2020.
Due to the current public health situation, the Court has adopted a temporary Standing Order noting recent laws and laying out the practices of the Court designed to keep litigants and court staff safe.
Rules of Practice for all Justice Courts
As notice to parties and a reminder to practicing attorneys, Courts of Limited Jurisdiction, such as Justice Courts and City Courts are not governed by the Montana Rules of Civil Procedure. They are instead governed by the Montana Justice and City Court Rules of Civil Procedure, the Montana Uniform Rules for the Justice and City Courts, and the Procedure in Justices' Courts.
- Montana Highway Patrol
- Montana Fish, Wildlife, and Parks
- Montana Department of Justice
- Montana Code Annotated
- Montana Sexual and Violent Offender Registry
- Montana Department of Motor Vehicles
- Montana Correctional Offender Network
- Montana Department of Transportation
- Montana State Legislature
- Montana State Website
- Montana Rules of Civil Procedure
- Montana Justice & City Court Rules of Civil Procedure
- Montana Codes Annotated, Title 70 (Landlord/Tenant)
- Montana Uniform Rules for the Justice and City Courts
- Procedure in Justices' Courts