Missoula City-County Health Department COVID-19 Information

Joint Information Center: Community COVID-19 Information and Resources

Information on Missoula County offices reopening to the public Monday, June 1

Missoula County phones: Missoula County continues to experience a high volume of calls. You may get a busy signal or experience long hold times when you call. Staff are working on solutions to decrease wait times. You may be able to find what you need at Thank you for your patience.


310 Permits

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option
Within the Missoula City limits of 1946, the Missoula County Commissioners administer the Natural Streambed and Land Preservation Act of 1975. 310 Permits are required for any activity conducted by a non-governmental body that results in a change in the state of a natural perennial-flowing stream or river, its bed or its immediate bank. Missoula County's 310 jurisdiction includes the Clark Fork River and Rattlesnake Creek within the 1946 Missoula City limits.


Click on the image to view an interactive map of 310 permits and the jurisdictional boundary.


For areas outside of the 1946 Missoula City limits, contact the Missoula Conservation District at 829-3395. 

Community and Planning Services (CAPS) is the designated agent for the County Commissioners in processing 310 Permits. For additional information, please contact Jamie Erbacher or Todd Klietz at 258.4657.

Missoula County 310 Administrative Rules

Joint Application Instructions (Word)

Joint Application (.pdf)

Official Complaint Form (State of Montana Natural Streambed and Land Preservation Act)

Notice of Emergency (Word)


Free viewers are required for some of the attached documents.
They can be downloaded by clicking on the icons below.

Acrobat Reader Flash Player Windows Media Player Microsoft Silverlight Word Viewer Excel Viewer PowerPoint Viewer