Missoula County is currently working with FEMA and Montana DNRC to update floodplain maps for the Swan River. The new maps are intended to provide more reliable and detailed information about flood-prone areas along the Swan River.
FEMA has closed the official 90-day Comment And Appeal Period. The changes were finalized on September 7, 2018.
View the floodplain changes:
- Map Viewer Link
- Hydrology Report (Swan River Hydrology Design Report with Appendices - May 2015)
- Hydraulic Report (Hydraulics Report with Appendices - July 2016)
- Draft Flood Insurance Study
- Swan Floodzones Information
- Newly Mapped Information Sheet
See Index Map and subsequent floodplain maps below. The maps will be official for flood insurance purposes on March 7, 2019.