Missoula County is currently working with FEMA and Montana DNRC to update floodplain maps for the Swan River. The new maps are intended to provide more reliable and detailed information about flood-prone areas along the Swan River.
View the proposed floodplain changes:
- Map Viewer Link
- Hydrology Report (Swan River Hydrology Design Report with Appendices - May 2015)
- Hydraulic Report (Hydraulics Report with Appendices - July 2016)
- Draft Flood Insurance Study
- FEMA 90-Day Appeal & Comment Period Process
- Swan Floodzones Information
- Newly Mapped Information Sheet
See Index Map and subsequent draft floodplain maps below. Keep in mind these maps are in draft format - FEMA will open an official 90-Day Comment and Appeal Period sometime in 2017. New Flood Insurance Rate Maps from this project are expected to be finalized in late 2017, after the technical and public review process.