SAP PROGRAM HIGHLIGHTS
The Substance Abuse Prevention Mill Levy (SAP ML) was approved by Missoula voters in 2008 for the purpose of supporting prevention programs in Missoula County that help grow healthy youth and families and reduce the negative consequences and high costs of substance abuse.
Eligible entities are not-for-profit organizations or governmental agencies that provide underage substance abuse prevention services in Missoula County in one or more of the following ways:
- Maintain a coalition that coordinates substance abuse prevention efforts;
- Provide community education about the risks and costs of abusing alcohol, tobacco, and other drugs;
- Offer supervised non-school hour activities that give young people alternatives to drug use and opportunities for positive youth development; or
- Provide early intervention to help youth and families address alcohol, tobacco, and other drug problems.
The project period begins July 1, 2018 and ends June 30, 2019.
A total of $368,920 is available each year through the permanent levy.
The deadline for submission of a complete application, both in hard-copy and electronically, is 3 p.m. on Wednesday, May 16, 2018.
SAP APPLICATION PROCESS
A complete application package consists of six (6) components. These components will be submitted through a combination of online fields, uploading files, and one complete hard-copy application package. The six components are:
- Application Information Form
- Executive Summary
- Project Narrative
- Budget Detail Worksheet
- Budget Narrative
The first and most vital step is to download the NOFA (Notice of Funding Availability). The NOFA provides instructions and required guidelines for how to apply for Substance Abuse Prevention mill levy funds. Links to the NOFA and other files to download are found on this page to the right (or further down on the screen if you're using a mobile device).