The 2006 Open Space Bond provides public funding for voluntary conservation projects in Missoula County. In 2006 voters approved a $10 million dollar bond. Since then we have worked with a variety of partners and private landowners to complete projects that:
- conserve working lands;
- provide trails and access to rivers;
- protect water quality and wildlife habitat; and
- provide open space and scenic landscapes
Curious about the funding process or accomplishments of the Open Space Bond to date?
- Overview of funding process
- Summary of accomplishments
- Website of projects, including city and county projects (click on the Open Space tab and zoom in/out)
- Map of projects
- Map of projects and conservation easements
- 2018 Open Space Bond
Open Lands Citizen Advisory Committee
The Open Lands Citizen Advisory Committee (OLC) reviews and makes recommendations to the Board of County Commissioners (BCC) about projects outside of the urban area within Missoula County. OLC bases its recommendations on project evaluation criteria established by the BCC.