Planning staff develops, administers, and provides information on a variety of plans and regulations related to Floodplain and Shoreline; Zoning and Subdivision and Land Use Permits.
Questions? The Planning Information Desk has answers!
Get in touch about zoning, permits, land use, a project, or if you need specific information on a plan in your area.
Call (406) 258-4642 (no voice mail on this phone), email, or drop by the Information Desk at the CAPS office.
127 E. Main St., Suite 2, Missoula, Montana.
Monday – Friday, 10 a.m. - 2 p.m.
To leave a voice mail for staff, please call (406) 258-4657
Have a specific project? Use the Intake Form to arrange a meeting with Planning staff.
The links below may help get you started:
- Property Information System
- Tips for use: Start by agreeing to the disclaimer | In the address search use just the street number, then choose the appropriate street from the results | Click the cursor icon in the upper right to identify or select a specific parcel | Click the globe icon at the left of the screen to find information layers that can be turned on and off in this powerful web mapping tool | Please call if we can be of any help
- Permits and Applications
- Floodplain Administration
- Active Projects
- Agendas and Minutes (County Board of Adjustment, Planning Board, Community Councils)
- Land Use Complaints
- Certificate of Survey (COS) and Subdivisions Research
- Parcel, Address, and Sewer Information - City of Missoula
- Environmental Health: Septic and Wells
- County Public Works
Want to find out more about planning? Information provided State of Montana Department of Commerce may be useful.