Planning staff develops, administers, and provides information on a variety of plans and regulations related to Floodplain and Shoreline; Zoning and Subdivision and Land Use Permits.

Questions? The Planning Information Desk has answers!

Get in touch about zoning, permits, land use, a project, or if you need specific information on a plan in your area.

Call (406) 258-4642 (no voice mail on this phone), email, or drop by the Information Desk at the CAPS office.
127 E. Main St., Suite 2, Missoula, Montana. 
Monday – Friday, 10 a.m. - 2 p.m.
To leave a voice mail for staff, please call (406) 258-4657

Have a specific project? Use the Intake Form to arrange a meeting with Planning staff.

The links below may help get you started:

Want to find out more about planning? Information provided State of Montana Department of Commerce may be useful.

For property within the city, contact City of Missoula Development Services: (406) 552-6630,