Apply for permits online* or use the forms below.
Check out our new step-by-step website that serves as a guide to building permits in Missoula County! MissoulaCounty.Build
Checklists for Residential and Commercial Solar Permitting
A land use or zoning compliance permit is required for all mobile/manufactured homes, even if it is replacing an existing home in the same footprint.
Home Occupation Permit - required for home based business in zoned areas
*to use the online system, you will need to register or login in to the County Permit System, managed by Public Works.
Other Applications and Forms
Intake Form - request a meeting to discuss one of the projects below
Floodplain Permit: Requirements and Application
County Board of Adjustment
Part 1 Zoning
*Posting updated applications as they become available. Please contact the office if a form you need is not available.
- Minor Subdivision: 5 lots or fewer - 2016 version
- Major Subdivision: 6 lots or more - 2016 version
- Phasing Plan Amendment - 2011 version
- Subdivision Exemption: includes Boundary Line Relocation, Lot Aggregation, Security Parcel, Family Transfer, and Agricultural Exemption
- Rezoning Application- 2013 version (Word document)
More information on project fees.