Permits & Applications

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Apply for permits online* or use the forms below.

Check out our new step-by-step website that serves as a guide to building permits in Missoula County! MissoulaCounty.Build 

Land Use and Zoning Compliance Permit Application

Checklist for Multi-family, Commercial, Industrial and Condominium and Townhouse Exemption Developments

Checklists for Residential and Commercial Solar Permitting

A land use or zoning compliance permit is required for all mobile/manufactured homes, even if it is replacing an existing home in the same footprint

Home Occupation Permit - required for home based business in zoned areas

Sign Permit
- Welcome To Signs Guide

*to use the online system, you will need to register or login in to the County Permit System, managed by Public Works.

Other Applications and Forms

Intake Form - request a meeting to discuss one of the projects below

Floodplain Permit: Requirements and Application

Shoreline Construction Permit

Land Use Complaint

Buildings for Lease or Rent   |   PDF   |   Word   |   may be required for projects in unzoned areas when more than three buildings are proposed

County Board of Adjustment

Part 1 Zoning

Subdivision Applications

*Posting updated applications as they become available. Please contact the office if a form you need is not available.

Rezoning Application


More information on project fees.

Submit permits and application email, drop off at the Community and Planning Services department, or mail to 200 West Broadway, Missoula, MT 59802.

For property within the city, contact City of Missoula Development Services: 552-6630,