An area plan is a land use plan for a geographic region within the county that covers one or more of the elements of the growth policy in more detail.Issue plans are focused on specific subjects or issues rather than land use planning across a larger region. You can find these plans in the folders below.
There are also shared City-County transportation resources. Please visit the City of Missoula's Transportation Resource page for up to date plans, resources, and documents.
The Missoula County Growth Policy is an official public document that is intended to guide future social, physical, environmental and economic growth and development of the County.
- 2016 Missoula County Growth Policy
- Land Use Designation Map
- 2016 Growth Policy Atlas
This map may be useful for those who have the section township and range and if you are not seeking other information.
- Missoula Area Mapping Project, amends the 2016 growth policy
- Missoula County Property Information System
Land use designations can be found for properties on the property information system by clicking on the "Zoning/Land Use" layer and within that layer click on the "Comp Plan Land Use Designations". This is also a way to retrieve additional information besides land use designations for individual properties, neighborhoods and areas within the County.
- Missoula City Growth Policy, Our Missoula
Paper copies are available for purchase from the Missoula County Community and Planning Services office. Please allow approximately 24-hours for printing.
- Airport Master Plan 1995
- Butler Creek Comprehensive Plan Amendment 1996
- Grant Creek Area Plan 1980
- Lolo Regional Plan 2002
- Miller Creek Area Comprehensive Plan 1997
- Missoula County Regional Land Use Guide 2002
- Missoula Urban Area Comprehensive Plan 1998
- Rattlesnake Valley Comprehensive Plan 1995
- Reserve St Area B Amendment to the Missoula Airport Development Park Master Plan
- Reserve Street Area 1995
- Seeley Lake Area Comprehensive Plan Amendment, 1989
- Seeley Lake Plan 2010
- South Hills Comprehensive Plan 1986
- Swan Valley Condon Comprehensive Plan 1996
- Target Range Neighborhood Plan 2010
- Wye O'Keefe Creek Area Plan 1979
- Wye-Mullan Plan 2005