An area plan is a land use plan for a geographic region within the county that covers one or more of the elements of the growth policy in more detail.Issue plans are focused on specific subjects or issues rather than land use planning across a larger region. You can find these plans in the folders below.
There are also shared City-County transportation resources. Please visit the City of Missoula's Transportation Resource page for up to date plans, resources, and documents.
The Missoula County Growth Policy is an official public document that is intended to guide future social, physical, environmental and economic growth and development of the County.
- 2016 Missoula County Growth Policy
- Land Use Designation Map
- 2016 Growth Policy Atlas
This map may be useful for those who have the section township and range and if you are not seeking other information.
- Missoula Area Mapping Project, amends the 2016 growth policy
- Missoula County Property Information System
Land use designations can be found for properties on the property information system by clicking on the "Zoning/Land Use" layer and within that layer click on the "Comp Plan Land Use Designations". This is also a way to retrieve additional information besides land use designations for individual properties, neighborhoods and areas within the County.
- Missoula City Growth Policy, Our Missoula
Paper copies are available for purchase from the Missoula County Community and Planning Services office. Please allow approximately 24-hours for printing.
- 01. Open, Resource, and Recreation
- 02. Agriculture
- 03. Working Lands
- 04. Rural Residential and Agriculture
- 05. Rural Residential and Small Agriculture
- 06. Residential
- 07. Neighborhood Residential
- 08. Planned Neighborhood
- 09. Neighborhood Center
- 10. Commercial Center
- 11. Live-Make Neighborhood
- 12. Community Mixed-Use
- 13. Civic Employment Center
- 14. Industrial Center
- 15. Heavy Industrial Center
- MAMP Land Use Designation Descriptions (All)