The Bonner Milltown Community Council invites you to review the draft vision statement!
"If you don't know where you are going,
you'll wind up somewhere else." Yogi Berra
On November 13th, 2017 the Bonner Milltown Community Council took public comment and reviewed written comments on the draft Vision Statement. Based on these comments, the Council has directed CAPS staff to revise the Vision Statement.
The revised draft vision statement is now available for public review and comment!
To view the draft, click here
The Community Council will review the final draft Vision Statement and take public comment at their next regularly scheduled meeting on December 11th.
HOW TO COMMENT ON THE DRAFT
- Review the draft, and email comments to:
- Review the draft, and mail comments to:
Missoula County Community and Planning Services
200 W. Broadway
Missoula, MT 59802
- Review the draft, and attend the November 13th Community Council meeting
- On June 1st, the Bonner Milltown Community Council and the Missoula County Community and Planning Services held two visioning workshops with members of the Bonner, Milltown and West Riverside communities. These workshops, coupled with responses from an online questionnaire, provide the foundation for a draft vision statement.
- The draft vision statement was presented to Community Council on Monday, September 11th at the Community Council's regular meeting. At this meeting, the Community Council established the follow process for public input and approval.
- Distribute post cards to all address within the Council boundaries to notify residents that the draft is ready for review, and how to participate.
- Reviewed written comment and took in person comment at the November 13th Community Council meeting.
- Revised the draft Vision Statement based on comment.
- Consider the final draft Vision Statement for approval at the December 11th Community Council meeting.
What is a community vision statement?
A vision statement is a description of what community members want their community to look like in the future. It should capture what they value, and describe what they want their community to become.
What does a community use a vision statement for?
A vision is a forward-looking statement that aids in setting goals, strategies and guiding decision-making. In Bonner/Milltown, a community vision could help:
- The Community Council with setting goals, establishing priorities and address issues in the community;
- Developers understand what types of development the community wants;
- County Planners guide development through long range plans; or
- The Missoula County Commissioner’s set priorities related to the community.
Who will create the vision statement?
Visioning is a community driven process, your input and participation is critical to its development. The Bonner/Milltown Community Council is working with Missoula County Community and Planning Services (CAPS) to engage the community, and through this engagement, the community will create the vision statement.
What should a vision statement say?
A vision statement does more than describe the preferred future:
- It should reflect core community values,
- It should recognize emerging trends and issues, and
- It should inspire local action.
The planning area for the visioning process will be the Bonner/Milltown Community Council boundaries. Click here to see the Council boundaries.