Let's Move! Missoula (LM!M) is a local initiative that is part of the national Let's Move! campaign to combat the epidemic of childhood obesity. Nationally, the vision of Let's Move! is to raise a healthier generation of kids. Locally, many community partners take part in LM!M. The mission of LM!M is to mobilize projects and partnerships that build healthy kids and residents of all ages - no matter where they live, work, play, or go to school. Projects focus on improving physical activity opportunities, nutrition, and access to healthy foods.
What's New with Let's Move! Missoula
- CHECK OUT OUR 2015-2016 BMI REPORT
- NEED A HELMET AT A LOW PRICE? Click the link "PROTECT YOUR HEAD" to find out more!
- Students who walk or bike to school have higher physical activity levels and they perform better academically. Check out these maps that show walking/biking conditions for local elementary and middle schools.
- Let's Move! Missoula partners with community health and development leaders to build a healthier Missoula for all! Check out this link for more details.
- Survey Results: Physical Activity helps Missoula Students.
Our Unplug and Play Big Event 2016: Check out our 2016 Unplug & Play event. We estimated 1,000 attendees during the weekly events. Thank you to all who attended. If you did not make it in 2016, we look forward to seeing you in 2017! MISSOULIANS CELEBRATE UNPLUG AND PLAY KICK OFF EVENT!
Let's Move! Missoula Resources
Learn how to provide young children with a healthier start by incorporating best practices for nutrition, physical activity and screen time into child care settings.
LM!M is a true community initiative. Find out more about our community leaders and partners who support our efforts.
Find research on topics including childhood obesity, healthy built environments, physical activity, and nutrition.
Brian Jacobson, Lolo Elementary School teacher, knows why it is so vital to get kids moving! Take a look at his KECI Gold Star Award.