Adoption by Appointment
We are now doing animal adoptions by appointment only. We appreciate your patience as we adjust to this new, temporary process.
1. Search our adoption listing for animals currently available for adoption.
2. Complete a pre-adoption interest form. If you see an animal you wish to adopt, complete an adoption interest form and email form to email@example.com.
3. Wait for a phone call or email. We will review interest forms on a first come, first served basis. Due to the volume of calls we are receiving, we are unable to provide status updates of interest forms. Our review process typically takes 1-2 business days, after which we will begin calling intrested adopters. If the prospective adopter is no longer interested, or fails to answer the phone, we will move on to the next entry.
During this phone call, we will determine if an animal is a good match for you and your household. We will also discuss the animal’s medical history, the adoption contract, and any pet supplies you may need.
If an animal you are interested in is no longer available for adoption, we will contact you via email.
4. Place the animal on hold and schedule an adoption appointment. If you decide to adopt the animal, we will place the animal on hold for you over the phone.
Once your adoption appointment is scheduled, we will begin to prepare the animal to go home with you.
5. Complete the adoption and pick up your new pet. Your animal will be ready to meet you, and we will complete all necessary adoption.
If you would like to adopt a pet from Animal Control, please use the following Adobe PDF (Portable Document Format) fill-able form. To submit this form, please follow these steps:
- Download the document to your local system
- Fill out the form with your information
- Save the form by going to File, Save As, then type your lastname-ddmmyyyy
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and attach the Adoption form from your system and submit