Missoula City-County Health Department COVID-19 Information

Joint Information Center: Community COVID-19 Information and Resources

Rule requiring masks or face coverings in Missoula County

Missoula County phones: Missoula County continues to experience a high volume of calls. You may get a busy signal or experience long hold times when you call. Staff are working on solutions to decrease wait times. You may be able to find what you need at Thank you for your patience.


Missoula City-County Public Health Department Logo

Frequently Asked Questions

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option
  • How do I report a dog bite?

  • What are the penalties if I don't comply with the junk vehicle law?

  • How can I comply with the law if a junk vehicle has been abandoned on my property?

  • If I have four or more junk vehicles and decide I want to start dealing in used parts, who do I contact for licensing information?

  • Do I need to obtain a motor vehicle wrecking facility license for my own junk vehicles?

  • Do I need to shield items such as engines, transmissions, and fenders?

  • What if I no longer want to keep the vehicle?

  • Can I do anything else other than removing or shielding the vehicle?

  • How can I shield my junk vehicles from public view?

  • If I only have one junk vehicle do I need to shield it?

  • Do I have to shield my vehicles if I'm not in the commercial motor vehicle wrecking business?

  • What is a "Public View"?

  • What is a "Junk Vehicle"?

  • What is the Montana Junk Vehicle Law?

  • How do I apply for Medicaid or Healthy Montana Kids?

  • How do I sign up for health care coverage under the Affordable Care Act (Obamacare)?

  • Who do I talk to about a weed complaint?

  • How do you define a bedroom?

  • How are septic systems sized?

  • What are the "test pits" or "soil profile holes"?

  • What is the "reserve" or "replacement area"?

  • I'm planning on selling my house; do I need to have the septic system inspected?

  • Where can I find a list of Certified Septic Installers?

  • Where can I find my parcel number and legal description?

  • Do I need a septic system?

  • What is a septic system?

  • Are sewers coming to my area?

  • Do I have a septic system?

  • Where can I find the location of my water and/or municipal sewer lines?

  • What about the use of oxygenated fuels in small specialty engines?

  • What about water separating out of the gasoline?

  • What about ethanol and filter plugging?

  • How will oxygenated fuel affect older vehicles?

  • Will using oxygenated fuels void the vehicle warranty?

  • How will oxygenated fuel affect vehicle performance?

  • What is ethanol?

  • What is carbon monoxide?

  • Why are air alerts and warnings called?

  • Why can't I use my woodstove or fireplace?

  • How can I check for air alerts and warnings?

  • How do I report a nuisance barking dog?

  • Need to rent a live trap?

  • Reporting a dead deer?

  • Do you have an issue with a skunk, raccoon, or other pest?

  • Do you have an issue with a deer, bear, or other wildlife?

  • How do I license my dog?

  • How do I dispose of Prescription Drugs

  • Is my property in the water quality district

  • Who sets the fees, and how much will they increase in the future?

  • Why do all property owners have to pay?

  • Why do we need a water quality district

  • Why doesn't the state do the work?