Eat Smart Program
Eat Smart is part of the public health project to improve the health of Missoula area residents through education, partnerships, policy and environmental changes.
Eat Smart's mission is to improve the food and beverage choices made by Missoula area residents. Eat Smart offers community nutrition education, nutrition resources and presentations for schools & childcare centers, work-site wellness and participation in health fairs & community events.
Eat Smart Coalition
Bi-monthly meetings serve as a forum for community members with a vested interest in the nutrition environment to:
- Share information regarding best practices that promote healthy eating and chronic disease prevention.
- Discuss factors that influence food and beverage selection by Missoula residents.
- Collaborate with community partners to implement identified strategies to improve Missoula's nutrition environment.
For more information contact Rebecca Morley, email or (406) 258-3827
Next Meeting April 4th, from 9:30 am - 11:00 am at the Montana Food Bank Network 5625 Expressway, Learn and Share Meeting, Field Trip to Learn About Food Security, Operations, Procurement & Distribution and Key Related Legislative Issues. Open to the general public.
Eat Smart Newsletters
Eat Smart e-newsletters contain the latest nutrition articles and information from peer reviewed journals, dietitians, and health and fitness professionals.
Sign up to receive Eat Smart's free nutrition e-newsletter!
Current Issue: National Nutrition Month 2019
Past three months issues:
- Got Milk? Compare Your Options
- Dad's Influence on Kids' Eating Habits
- The Life and Death of Fat Cells
- FDA Bans 7 Synthetic Food Flavorings
(If you would like a past issue that is not listed please email: email@example.com)
Bone Density Screening
A bone density screening test can help diagnose osteoporosis. Call us today to schedule a bone density test for a minimal fee.