Eat Smart Program
Eat Smart is part of the public health project to improve the health of Missoula area residents through education, partnerships, policy and environmental changes.
Eat Smart's mission is to improve the food and beverage choices made by Missoula area residents. Eat Smart offers community nutrition education, nutrition resources and presentations for schools & childcare centers, work-site wellness and participation in health fairs & community events.
Eat Smart Coalition
Bi-monthly meetings serve as a forum for community members with a vested interest in the nutrition environment to:
- Share information regarding best practices that promote healthy eating and chronic disease prevention.
- Discuss factors that influence food and beverage selection by Missoula residents.
- Collaborate with community partners to implement identified strategies to improve Missoula's nutrition environment.
For more information contact Rebecca Morley, email or (406) 258-3827
There is no meeting in September. More information to follow. Meetings are open to the general public.
Eat Smart Newsletters
Eat Smart e-newsletters contain the latest nutrition articles and information from peer reviewed journals, dietitians, and health and fitness professionals.
Sign up to receive Eat Smart's free nutrition e-newsletter!
Current Issue: Brain Foods Kid's Love
Past three months issues:
- Acidic vs. Alkaline Foods- Does it Matter?
- Eat Local to Boost the Food System
- Food for Thought
- Nutrition and Fertility
(If you would like a past issue that is not listed please email: email@example.com)
Bone Density Screening
A bone density screening test can help diagnose osteoporosis. Call us today to schedule a bone density test for a minimal fee. 406-258-3827
Eat Smart Partners
Eat Smart Events and Resources
Munch a Bug Missoula Day September 15, 2019
Entomophagy Brochure (Insect consumption)