Our Home Visiting Team consists of nurses, social workers and nutritionists who are here to help families with information on a wide variety of subjects.
- Every family in Missoula County is eligible regardless of income.
- Our services are tailored to meet individual family's needs.
What a home visitor does
- Meets with you in your home or a place of your choosing.
- Talks with you about your family's strengths and goals, concerns and challenges.
- Assists you in accessing community resources such as housing, food, transportation, pregnancy medicaid, medical care and other services.
- Provides developmental assessments and screenings for infants and children, and helps you access community resources for additional help.
- Provides you with information about nutrition, growth and development, health education, home safety and parenting concerns such as sleeping, eating, childcare, behavior management, positive parenting skills and family relationships.
- Helps you prepare for childbirth and your new baby.
- Offers ongoing continued support as long as you want.
Registered nurses, social workers and dietitians provide a visitation program designed to fit individual family needs:
- Healthy pregnancy education
- Physical and emotional changes
- Breastfeeding education
- Labor and delivery preparation
- Prenatal classes
- Community resources and referrals
- Presumptive eligibility for Medicaid
Newborns are fascinating people. The nurse helps the family discover all the wonderful things the new baby is able to do, and information about caring for a new baby. She can also answer questions about sleeping, crying, feeding, and loving the new member of the family.
If you are a parent of a child, you are invited to participate in our Follow Me program. Registered nurses, social workers and dietitians provide visits where it is convenient for you. We have information about:
- Growth and development screenings
- Breastfeeding information and support
- Parenting concerns
- Community resources
As the baby grows, the nurse provides regular screenings that help parents identify how their child is growing. The home visitor provides:
- Regular growth and development evaluations
- Assistance with parenting concerns and development of positive parenting skills.
- Suggestions for fun things to do with their children to help in all areas of development including social skills, language development and physical development.