As an Academic Health Department, there are multiple opportunities for Public and Community Health students to get involved in the work of public health.
The Health Promotion Division offers internships, practicum, capstone and service learning experiences to students studying in fields related to our program goals. Our goals are to to create conditions that support healthy people, environments and communities through health education, training, research, evaluation and policies.
Key objectives for students fulfilling their academic requirements through opportunities offered by MCCHD are to:
- Promote a wider and better understanding of public health programs and services.
- Promote the work of public health professionals.
- Create an opportunity for professional development for students and empower future public health professionals through direct hands-on experience.
- Ensure students are adequately supported to help provide an optimal learning environment.
- Ensure individual educational contract obligations are being met.
- Tobacco Free Missoula County is seeking a student to assist in the development and implementation of an evaluation and assessment tool to study the impact of the new City of Missoula “Restrictions on the Display of Tobacco Products and the Sale of Flavored Electronic Tobacco Products, and on the unlawful transactions consisting of selling or giving tobacco products to youth in violation of state or federal law.”
- How to apply:
- send a resume and letter of interest to Lisa Beczkiewicz, Health Promotion Supervisor, firstname.lastname@example.org