Let's Move! Missoula is always looking for motivated and passionate student interns, undergraduate and graduate level. Similarly, LM!M has several volunteer ongoing volunteer opportunities. Here are some examples of projects that interns and volunteers have worked on over the years:
- Morning Move! Volunteers: Morning Move! is a before school recess from 8 - 8:25 a.m., Monday - Friday at Franklin, Lowell, and Russell elementary. Volunteers are always needed to facilitate safe, structured and unstructured recess type activities.
- 3rd Grade Body Mass Index Surveillance Project: Missoula City-County Health Department has collected 3rd grade BMI data for over ten years. BMI surveillance is used to track population health not diagnose individuals. Volunteers and interns help with data collection.
- 5-2-1-0 Monthly Activity Calendars: Interns typically create the monthly activity calendars and assist with the annual Unplug and Play Summer and Winter Guides.
- Unplug and Play Summer Kick-Off: In 2019, Unplug and Play Summer Kick-Off connected two neighborhood parks via a one mile Sunday Streets Missoula route. The goal was to encourage neighborhood residents to bike, walk and stroll between their neighborhood parks. Interns and volunteers assist with general event planning, evaluation and logistics.
Other projects and experiences have included:
- Creating an online Brain Break training that is completed by all new MCPS teachers every January.
- Creating Morning Move volunteer recruitment videos.
- Creating Morning Move online volunteer training video.
- Managing LM!M's social media accounts.
- Attending relevant meetings such as the MCPS Student Wellness Leadership Team, LM!M Steering Committee meetings etc.
- Supporting the work of LM!M's Working Groups: Out-of-School Time, 5-2-1-0 Affiliates, Data and Evaluation, Built Environment, and Unplug and Play Summer Kick-Off.