Missoula City-County Public Health Department Logo

Junk Vehicle FAQs

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

  • What are the penalties if I don't comply with the junk vehicle law?

  • How can I comply with the law if a junk vehicle has been abandoned on my property?

  • If I have four or more junk vehicles and decide I want to start dealing in used parts, who do I contact for licensing information?

  • Do I need to obtain a motor vehicle wrecking facility license for my own junk vehicles?

  • Do I need to shield items such as engines, transmissions, and fenders?

  • What if I no longer want to keep the vehicle?

  • Can I do anything else other than removing or shielding the vehicle?

  • How can I shield my junk vehicles from public view?

  • If I only have one junk vehicle do I need to shield it?

  • Do I have to shield my vehicles if I'm not in the commercial motor vehicle wrecking business?

  • What is a "Public View"?

  • What is a "Junk Vehicle"?

  • What is the Montana Junk Vehicle Law?