Deschamps Ln Project
The Road Department is currently working on Phase I of a long awaited project on Deschamps Ln. This fall, we are:
- Improving site visibility heading west from Roller Coaster Rd spanning in both north and southward directions onto Deschamps Ln.
- Paving 900' (500' paid for by residents) of Roller Coaster Rd from the Deschamps Ln intersection east to Copter Ln.
- Paving 400' from the railroad tracks heading south on Deschamps Ln.
- Cut into hill on north side of railroad tracks, starting at the tracks and going north 500'.
***Due to mild weather conditions, work has continued. Both Deschamps Ln and Roller Coaster Rd are still under construction. We are asking that you continue considering alternate routes for Monday Oct 15 & Tuesday Oct 16. Wednesday Oct 17 both roads will be closed due to paving.
Phase I will begin again next year as we continue work north to Moccasin Ln.
Proposed Phase II:
- Straighten s-curve and pave to the LaValle Creek bridge. (Date yet to be determined, based on time, money, regular maintenance priorities, and emergency work issues.)
Proposed Phase III:
- Pave from LaValle Creek bridge to Mullan Rd and realign the intersection at Mullan Rd. (Date yet to be determined, based on time, money, regular maintenance priorities, and emergency work issues.)
We do recognize that temporarily closing this portion of Deschamps Ln and Roller Coaster Rd will cause some people to have to alter their routes to get to their destination. Unfortunately, we not only have to do this to keep workflow moving smoothly and efficiently, we need to ensure the safety of our road crew and the public. The improvements being made have been heavily requested by the public and will ultimately make for a much safer drive.