Building Division

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

The Missoula County Building Division:

  • Located at 6089 Training Drive - approximately 1 ½ miles west of the Airport off of Hwy 10.
  • Seeley Lake satellite office located at 3360 Hwy 83 N.
    • Call (406) 258-3701
    • Office hours: Mon. - Fri. from 10 a.m. - 12 p.m.

To apply for a permit online, please go to:




  • Here's the Draft Resolution and fee schedule regarding the February 1st code and fee changes! Public Hearing regarding these changes to be held January 30th at 2pm at the Missoula County Courthouse.

  • Resolution for Building Code Enforcement Program, Penalty, and Reinspection Fees

  • Wondering what to do with your construction and demolition debris? Check out these resources for recycling and disposal information!  

  • Go check out our new step-by-step website that serves as a guide to building permits in Missoula County! MissoulaCounty.Build

  • Annexation of the Missoula International Airport, Industrial Park, and Canyon Creek Village into Missoula City Limits took effect December 26th. If you have any questions, you may contact Development Services at 406-552-6630.

  • In an effort to streamline County departmental permitting processes and requirements, the Building Division and Community & Planning Services have worked together to compile checklists for both residential and commercial solar energy permitting. For more detailed information see the CAPS Solar Energy Page.

  • Effective July 1, 2017:  For any permits issued on or after July 1, a $45 fee will be charged for the replacement of the red building permit cards that are kept on job sites during construction.

  • Are you in the market to purchase a new home?  See our Homeowners Resource Guide for tips to help you navigate thru some of the road bumps!


 FINAL web Homeowner Info Brochure 2017   FINAL web Homeowner Info Brochure 2017 (1)





Has Flooding Affected Your Structure?

Flooding can be a stressful time, property damage, the possibility of evacuation, workers and volunteers coming and going... The Building Division has put together this quick informational guide to help property owners navigate what to do in case flooding has affected their home. If you have any questions, please feel free to call the Building Division at 406.258.3701.

  Flood Facts Building


Located Outside Missoula County

If you are located OUTSIDE of Missoula County, you may still need a permit.  Please refer to the State Department of Labor & Industry to see if a permit is required in your area.

If you have questions about State permitting and codes, click here.


Free viewers are required for some of the attached documents.
They can be downloaded by clicking on the icons below.

Acrobat Reader Flash Player Windows Media Player Microsoft Silverlight Word Viewer Excel Viewer PowerPoint Viewer