Engineering activities regulated by Public Works include, but are not limited to:
- Utility placement and construction
- Construction testing and certification
- Storm drainage
- Subdivision submittal requirements
- Traffic impact analysis
- Weight restrictions on county roads and bridges
Apply for Permits Online
Missoula County Public Works' Building Division has upgraded our permitting software system to the new Odyssey program.
- Online permitting - steps to apply & pay online
- Auto-fill capabilities
Forms of payment accepted will be: Visa/MC/Discover/Cash/Check & E-Check (E-checks have a $1 per transaction flat fee.) As of 9/16/15, credit card transaction fee's are $1.25 + .01995%.
ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) Compliance
The Missoula County Department of Public Works is committed to ensuring compliance with all provisions of the Standards or Uniform Federal Accessibility Standards (UFAS) in building and maintaining street level pedestrian walkways.