The Seeley Lake Sewer District was formed in 1992 to assist the community in determining the need and cost for a centralized sewer system. The District’s goals are to:
1) Identify grant opportunities and other funding strategies that support an affordable sewer project;
2) Address water quality concerns from high density septic system influence;
3) Facilitate solutions related to design, construction, acquisition or financing needs for proposed improvements.
Seeley Lake Sewer District
PO Box 403 Seeley Lake, MT 59868
Recent Sewer District News:
- On October 19 the district board of directors revised its method for spreading assessments. All properties within each phase of the district now would pay the same assessments, regardless of whether the properties are residential or nonresidential. This change was in response to feedback from members of the community, bond counsel, and funding agencies.
- The change to assessments also impacts how protests will be counted.
- The Seeley Lake Sewer District Board of Directors voted September 14th to accept the revised funding offer provided by USDA Rural Development in response to the district’s request for additional funding.
The Board of Directors hosted a public hearing to consider the protest on December 21 2017, resulting in a signed resolution to move forward with the Seeley Lake Sewer Project.
Additionally, we have provided this Protest Recap for informational purposes only.
Copies of protest letters
Meetings take place at 5:15 P.M. every third Thursday of the month at the Missoula County Satellite Office, 3360 Hwy 83 N, Seeley Lake, MT 59868.
- Pat Goodover, President
- Walt Hill, Vice President
- Mike Boltz, Director
- Davy Good, Director
- Beth Hutchinson, Director
- Resolution Creating and Establishing Subdistricts
- District By-Laws
- Resolution Submitting to Qualified Electors of the District the Question of Incurring Bonded Indebtedness
- Sewer District Map.
- District Project Phases.
- Nitrate and Ground Water presentation.
- May 2012 PER Executive Summary.
- April 12, 2012 Great West Engineering Presentation.
- Report from Clearwater Resource Council on 30 years of Seeley and Salmon Lake studies.