All social media channels owned and managed by Missoula County are moderated discussions. As per our Communications Policy, the following disclaimer is available on social media profiles to encourage two-way, productive conversations between agencies and the general public.
“The purpose of this site is to present matters of public interest to Missoula County, including its many residents, businesses and visitors. We encourage you to submit your questions, comments and concerns, but please note this is a moderated online discussion site and not a public forum. Any comments not of public interest or that are deemed inappropriate will promptly be removed.”
The site owner shall promptly remove comments as outlined below.
- Vulgar language.
- Personal attacks of any kind. Content that promotes, fosters, or perpetuates discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, age, religion, political beliefs, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, national origin, physical or mental disability.
- Spam or links to other sites. Off topic content (unless the commenter can be appropriately redirected).
- Content that encourages illegal activity. Promotional content for political organizations or commercial products or services.
- Copyright or trademark infringement.
- Information that may compromise the safety or security of the public or public systems.